29.8.11

Yum! The Humongous Appetite of a Pregnant Woman...

This is so random and out of the ordinary compared to what I normally write about, but I have to write about my appetite with this pregnancy. I have never in my  life felt like such a glutton!!! When I was pregnant with my first, I pretty much ate two things: fruit and cereal. With this one, I feel like a bottomless pit. Below is the list of random foods that I crave...the grocery store for me right now is like the liquor store for an alcoholic--I just need to stay away.

-Starburts (or any chewy, fruit-flavored candy)
-Soup (I can't get enough--doesn't matter what kind--I just want soup)
-Ramen Noodles (fairly new craving, but so good)
-Ice Cream (do I really need to explain?)
-English Muffins (super toasted)
-Bologna (don't judge me...I just really, really want bologna on a roll with mustard. I've only had it once so far, but the craving is always there! Ha!)
-Hot chocolate with whipped cream
-Orange juice
-Fruit (which I may not be able to count as a craving because pregnant or not, it is my favorite thing to eat)
-Cereal (Multi-grain Cheerios, Honey Bunches of Oats, and Rice Crispies being my favorites)
-Eggs (I REALLY want them "over easy"--with the runny yolk, but I am afraid of the dangers for the baby, so I have settled for scrambled)
-"Chicken in a Pita" (I only had it once at the Eden Corn festival, but it was SO good that I can't stop thinking about it!!)
-Pretzel Bites with cheese
-Nachos

Yep...and I haven't gained a pound yet, though I try to balance all of these "cravings" with sensible things! Along with this laundry list of favorites, I have experienced acne again for the first time in a long time--Clean and Clear is my new best friend (though it doesn't seem to be working). I have worn my hair in a pony tail most days this summer--partly because I need a hair cut and mostly because my hair is like straw!  I am still battling fatigue, although I am pretty sure that won't subside with a two-almost three-year old and starting back to work full time next week. I've felt tiny movements here or there, but nothing too obvious. I am much more laid back with this pregnancy...much of the stress that comes with being a first time mom is behind me at this point. My biggest anxiety is helping Sammy transition. He will be over three by the time the baby comes, and he is very verbal and very aware of what is going on around him. He has become a bit aggressive over the last few weeks and really wants little to do with the idea of sharing his life and everything in it with another child (though how can a 2 year old really fathom something that isn't there?)!! I am also really hoping to have him potty trained by then. We thought he was ready to potty train a few months back--he was going sporadically and responding to positive reinforcement--but he has since lost interest. I am told this is very normal (by the doctor and friends), and kids--especially boys--will suddenly have interest and potty train over night. It was my goal to have him out of diapers well before the next one arrives, so we shall see what the fall brings...

I am definitely enjoying myself even though this pregnancy seems to be very different from my first. I look forward to the coming weeks and months...only a little over two weeks until we (hopefully) find out if it will be a brother or sister for Sammy :)

2 comments:

  1. I am still guessing girl. And runny eggs - ewww - the way you feel about cottage cheese is the way I feel about runny eggs. :)
    I think Sammy will adjust once baby gets here - especially once baby gets to be a little interactive/responsive. C&G are so close in age, I don't think C really remembers life before G, so jealousy hasn't been an issue (YET - I know it will come). You will have sooo much fun with two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - and is that quote on your banner yours or from someone else? I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete