6.8.11

Corn and God's Faithfulness...

We are heading to the Eden Corn Festival later on today. Why is this noteworthy, you may ask? The Eden Corn Festival is held the first weekend of August each year. Last year, as we drove to this festival, Dave got a phone call that resulted in a lay off and six months without a job. I remember the "punch-in-the-gut" feeling as we drove on Interstate 90 and heard a sweet woman say, "I'm sorry to bother you on a Friday night David, but I have some bad news..." The funny thing is, I remember having a lot of fun that night...eating corn on the cob, playing games, and yes, eating deep fried cheesecake! I also remember the weeks and months that followed...a moment in the desert waiting for the manna to fall. As I look back over the last year, I feel SO unworthy of the point to which God has brought us. I remember feeling angry and scared, and just like the Israelites, began grumbling. So as we head to the festival tonight, with my ever expanding belly (that I can't believe is expanding so fast) and my little second born fluttering inside, I will reflect on the God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is the same God who was with us when we heard that news, and he is the same God who is watching over the baby in my womb. He remains unchanged even though I do not. He remains faithful when I am full of doubt. He gives and takes away...still I will say blessed be His name...

No comments:

Post a Comment