24.10.10

He's All I Need

I heard a report on the news the other day that a woman's brain actually gets bigger when she has children. Apparently the grey matter increases. This report was made to refute the claim that a woman's mind becomes clouded and forgetful. If you ask me, my brain might have gotten bigger, but all that extra space is used for 3 things: worry, lists, and more worry. If I'm not thinking about my grocery list or to-do list, I am thinking about what I forgot to put on one of those lists. And if I'm not thinking about how much I love Sammy and watching him grow, I am thinking about what he is doing, if he is alright, if he is learning, if I am a good mom, etc, etc, etc. Writing it out and reading it makes me sound crazy, but I know every mom has been there!

In the midst of all of my fears, my lists for daily tasks and future dreams, and the things that keep me up at night, I find myself in a season where I am learning that He is all I need (Though I am aware that should always be my reality, the reality is that it is not!). Since Dave lost his job, money is tighter, priorities have shifted, dreams have changed, perspective is broadened, and above all things, my heart yearns for Him more than it ever has. I may not have everything I want and I may not be in the middle of my own scripted dream, but I do have all that I need...and He's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment